We made it! Welcome to the end of 2022!
After the many notably momentous years that preceded it, 2022 was for me a “sleeper” year—both in the sense that it was much quieter and less externally eventful, but also in that it still ended up surprising me with the deep changes and transformations it has wrought particularly on an internal level. I’ll be sharing some of those insights and lessons next week in my annual New Year post.
- My most exciting news this year is that, after what pretty much amounted to a four-year dry spell, I started writing fiction again! I’ll share a bit more about that next week; for now, I’ll just say I’m happily neck-deep in outlining a new fantasy story.
- On the personal front, I spent much of my time working on healing some minor but chronic physical issues and upgrading many of my personal habits and routines to hopefully support my health all around in the future.
- I also had the pleasure of visiting New York in October, just as the leaves were starting to turn, which was a delight in every way.
- Creating Character Arcs was also published in Korean.
- One of my bucket-list daydreams has always been to be interviewed for a magazine, and this year I was tickled to be featured in two: Nebraska Life and Podcast Magazine.
- Last but not least, I spent most of my time this year working on what will be my eleventh writing-craft book Writing Archetypal Character Arcs. You can look for its publication within a few months!
As for 2023, my definite plans involve publishing Writing Archetypal Character Arcs (which I am so excited and passionate about!) and finishing my outline and starting the first draft of my new novel. I am also hoping to start producing short videos once again, for YouTube and Instagram, probably in a Q&A format. I have a few other new ideas up my sleeve, including what might develop into a regular webinar offering, but I’ll have to see how that develops.
On the personal front, I’m definitely hoping to resolve my living circumstances. My dream is to find the perfect little cottage out in the country, something manageable for little ol’ me but with the potential to grow into a sustainable homestead. I’d also like to do a little travelling, perhaps to a state I’ve never visited before.
2022 was a (mercifully) quiet year for me, and I am grateful to think back on its bounty—both the seen and the unseen. I am excited to step into 2023 and see what adventures and stories await us all. Happy New Year!
And now, just in case you missed them (or want to revisit them):
My Top 10 Posts of 2022
Wordplayers, tell me your opinions! What was the most memorable writing event in your 2022? Tell me in the comments!
Love Helping Writers Become Authors? You can now become a patron. (Huge thanks to those of you who are already part of my Patreon family!)
The post originally appeared on following source : Source link